Date: Friday, November 16
Time: 8–9:45 p.m.
Place: Paddles, #250 West 26th Street, NYC
Admission: $4 DomSubFriends members, $6 other group members, $10 non-members
Contact phone: 646-319-2780
Must be 18 or older to attend.
On November 16, DomSubFriends will host an insightful and scintillating event on E.L. James’ Fifty Shades trilogy at Paddles S&M club. There will be a Fifty Shades of Play BDSM demonstration, followed by a panel discussion featuring contributors to Smart Pop’s latest title, Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey (available everywhere books are sold on November 20).
Join Dominant ChrisMarks and his submissive and romantic partner Lia as they explain what each of them gets from their BDSM relationship. Their demonstration will include sensation play with some pain, restraint, spanking, flogging, and will end with whipping, followed by aftercare.
The panel portion of the evening will include a diverse group of expert panelists:
– Moderator: Lori Perkins, editor of Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey, publisher of Riverdale Avenue Books, and editor of 20 erotic anthologies
– Sinnamon Love, former porn star and BDSM Dominant
– D.L. King,erotic romance author and BDSM lifestyle participant
– Pamela Madsen, author of bestselling submissive memoir Shameless, and women’s health and sexuality advocate
– Selina Fire, host of the monthly Pleasure Salon, a kinky cocktail party, and sex writer
– Stacey Agdern, bookseller at Posman Books in the Grand Central Terminal and romance reviewer
– Mala Bhattacharjee, erotic romance writer and Romantic Times Book Reviews staff member
– Susan Colón, romance novelist and O, The Oprah Magazine contributor
– Megan Frampton, romance novelist and Heroes and Heartbreakers romance blog moderator
– Debra Hyde, winner of the 2011 Best Lesbian Erotica Lambda Literary Award for her BDSM tale Story of L
– Rachel Kenley, erotic romance author and editor
– Katharine Sands, literary agent
– Hope Tarr, PhD, historical and contemporary romance author
About Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey
é “Fascinating examination of E.L. James’s Fifty Shades trilogy . . . Love Fifty Shades or hate it, this engaging and eclectic read has a little bit of something for everyone.”
—Publishers Weekly starredreview
E. L. James’ Fifty Shades trilogy has fascinated and seduced millions of readers. In bedrooms, in book clubs, and in the media, people can’t stop talking about it! In Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey, 50 writers—from romance and erotica authors, to real-world BDSM practitioners, to adult entertainment industry professionals—continue the conversation with sections on Fifty Shades as erotic fiction, sexual empowerment, fanfiction, and pop culture.
About DomSubFriends and Smart Pop
DomSubFriends is an inclusive BDSM Organization serving the NYC and immediate surrounding areas. They provide educational classes, lectures, demos, and exclusive fetish parties and events on a weekly basis. DSF is open to all those 18+ years old.
Smart Pop is the pop culture imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. Our mission is to publish smart, fresh nonfiction titles on television, books, and film. You can find more online at smartpopbooks.com.
Title: Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey
Editor: Lori Perkins
Publisher: Smart Pop (An Imprint of BenBella Books), distributed by Perseus Distribution
Publication: November 20, 2012, $14.95 (CAN $17.50), Paper, ISBN: 978-1-937856-42-7
Fiction/Literature, 304 pages, 5 1/2 x 8 1/4
Available at bookstores everywhere and through Perseus Distribution
Toll-free number for orders only: